College & Career Exploration and Readiness: Provides support for youth to decrease their incidence of poverty through educational completion and advancement, employment history and financial literacy.
- Education and employment readiness, job placement and retention, and coaching.
- Employer Development: and career exploration activities.
- Assistance applying for and managing financial assistance for college.
- Access to on-site and off-site tutoring services for secondary and post-secondary coursework.
- Access to computers, printers and phones to gain technology skills and achieve life goals.
- Curriculum aimed at educating youth about credit, banking, and savings.
Housing and Independent Living Skills: Provides individualized coaching for youth to create a life-plan, develop a network of supportive adults, gain life skills and attain housing placements upon emancipation.
- Individualized coaching to support youth in identifying and attaining life goals and developing a supportive network of adults.
- Application and interview assistance for emergency, transitional and long-term housing.
- Workshops, events and experiential activities designed to help youth develop life skills such as navigating public transportation, landlord relations, paying bills, etc.
- Services that address basic needs.
Health & Wellness: Promotes the overall wellness of youth by increasing their exposure to and access of a comprehensive array of health-related resources and services.
- Cooking classes focusing on healthy eating.
- Events and activities promoting healthy living strategies.
- Partnerships with local providers for on-site services and referrals to community- based counseling and psychiatric services.
- Youth-led support groups addressing a variety of wellness-related issues.
- On-site support applying for and maintaining Cal-Fresh (Food Stamps) and County Medical Services Program (Medi-Cal).
- Experts coach youth to apply for and utilize medical and dental benefits and services both on-site and in the community.
Youth Leadership & Advocacy: Opportunities for youth to participate in a wide variety of projects and pro- grams that promote civic engagement, leadership development and volunteerism.
- Paid positions with extensive training and coaching for youth to provide leadership and peer-based support for youth at the VOICES Centers.
- Leadership development program with Cohorts of youth who assist in designing, developing and evaluating VOICES programming.
- VOICES Youth participate in a statewide advocacy organization focused on improving legislation guiding child welfare services in California.
- VOICES coordinates opportunities for youth to “give back” to the community by volunteering at the Center and in the community.
780 Lincoln Avenue
Napa, CA 94558 [Map]
Phone: (707) 251-9432
Fax: (707) 251-9509
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday: Closed (by appointment only)
Thursday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
714 Mendocino Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95401 [Map]
Phone: (707) 579-4327
Fax: (707) 579-4323
Monday - Closed (appointment only)
Tuesday - 12:00 - 6:00pm
Wednesday - 12:00 - 6:00pm
Thursday - 12:00 - 6:00pm
Friday - 12:00 - 4:30pm